Get ibotta here: http://ibotta.com/r/XMvZRg
Using the Ibotta App
Have you heard of the Ibotta app? Ibotta is a fun and easy way to earn real money just for buying your favorite products. iPhone users have had this app for a few months already, but now Android users (that's me!) can get in on the money making fun!
Here's some quick information on this money-making (yes, real cash!) app! And for more detailed information, just click through the green arrows above!
- Let's start with my favorite - It's real cash! Earnings can be transferred securely to your PayPal account or donated to any school in America with the click of a button!
- It's really easy. Learn about products by taking polls, reading facts or watching short videos - you choose how much or how little.
- It works in over 24 retailers including Walmart, Target, Kroger, Safeway, Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreens, Publix, Meijer, and Pick 'n Save. New stores are being added all the time.
- You can still use your coupons! Using coupons (even coupon stacking) does not affect your Ibotta credits - so you can really score some great deals!
- It's fast. Get your money within hours of taking a photo of your receipt.
- It's personalized. Every time you redeem an offer, Ibotta sends you a new one. Just tell Ibotta your likes and dislikes and it sends you personalized offers.
- It's full of your favorite products. (Cheez-Its, Children's Advil, Colgate Toothpaste are just a few that popped up for me).
- It's secure. Ibotta never shares your email address with anyone. Credit card information is not stored or kept.
First, you'll need to download the FREE Ibotta app for your iPhone or Android phone.
-Once you have the app, browse through all the offers available and pick the ones you would like use. You can earn money by watching quick videos, taking polls, viewing recipes, posting to your Facebook Wall etc. and also for going to the store to purchase these specific items. The really awesome part is that in addition to getting cash back on your purchases, you can also use manufacturer's coupons and store coupons to lower your out of pocket expense. Using coupons does not affect your Ibotta deal! How cool is that?
When you're at the store, you can verify that you are purchasing the correct product by using the scanner in Ibotta. Just go to the offer(item) you want to verify and click on the "bar code" icon near the top right side of the screen. A scanner will pop up - just hold the barcode under the scanner and viola!
After making your in-store purchases, just upload your receipt via the Ibotta app. Ibotta will then verify your purchases and determine whether credit should be added to your account within 24 hours. In many cases, you will receive word from Ibotta in under 1 hour. I was a little hesitant about how this would work, but it was really easy for me to upload my photo and money was added to my account within an hour. :)
Once you have accumulated at least $5 in earnings, Ibotta lets you transfer your earnings directly to your PayPal account. Just go to the main menu, choose "Withdraw Cash" and then select "Get My Cash" to link Ibotta to your PayPal account. You can also choose to donate your earnings to your favorite school by earning as little as $1 in ibotta. Just choose "Withdraw Cash" and then select "Donate to Schools". Ibotta can use your current location to find nearby schools, or you can type in any zip code and pull up a list of schools in that area. That's it - so easy!
Useful Ibotta Tips
- Check out the product detail page on the app itself in order to view the offer's expiration date.
- Offers can sell out, so it's important to redeem them before they're gone!
- Use your coupons as usual - you can use manufacturer's coupons and store coupons on products that you are getting Ibotta credits for and the coupons will not affect your Ibotta offer! This makes for some great money saving opportunities!
- Tell Ibotta which offers you like and dislike by tapping the image of any product and choosing either thumbs-up or thumbs-down. Over time the app learns what kinds of products you prefer and offers them accordingly.
- There's no limit on the number of offers you can redeem! Once you have successfully redeemed an offer, Ibotta immediately restocks your shelf with a new offer. The more offers you redeem, the more new offers you will see, and the more money you can earn.
- Ibotta does not support any device without a camera.
- Ibotta currently supports the following devices: iPhone 3GS and newer, iPod Touch fourth generation and newer, iPad 2 and iPad 3, Android devices running on platform 2.2 and newer. iPad 2 and iPod 4 users: iPad 2 and iPod 4 do not have the barcode scan function, therefore offers cannot be redeemed from retailers using text strings on their receipts instead of product codes. You will not see them load onto the list of available retailers.