A straight forward Iceland Travel Guide for those looking for information to plan a Iceland vacation and find the best things to do in Iceland. Including the best of the Ring Road and Golden Circle.
I teamed up with friend and fellow travel YouTuber, Steve Hänisch, of back-packer.org, to set out on a 12-day Iceland vacation adventure around the ring road! Here is his Iceland Travel Guide:
Go subscribe to Steve's awesome travel channel: https://www.youtube.com/BackPackerOrg
☆ MORE INFO FROM THIS ICELAND TRAVEL VIDEO ☆
Iceland Travel Partners:
- Iceland Car Rental - https://sadcars.com/
- homeaway.com (see below)
WHERE WE STAYED in Iceland (with HomeAway):
1. Arnarstapi Cottages - http://bit.ly/Arnarstapi-Cottages
2. Akureyi Nollur Farm - http://bit.ly/Nollur-Farm
3. East Iceland Cottage - http://bit.ly/Iceland-Cottage
4. Southern Iceland Cottage - http://bit.ly/South-Iceland-Cottage
5. Reykjavik Bachelor Pad - http://bit.ly/Reykjavik-Apartment
My favorite THINGS TO DO in Iceland::
► Reykjavik & Golden Circle
Iceland's capital city and home to 122,000 people. Reykjavik is the largest city in Iceland and most traveler's jumping off point for the Ring Road and Golden Circle.
The Golden Circle is a popular tourist driving route in southern Iceland, which covers about 300 kilometers looping from Reykjavík into the southern uplands of Iceland and back. There are many Golden Circle tours, but I would recommend doing this with a rental car. Featured attractions include Geysir, Blue Lagoon and Gullfoss waterfall.
One of my favorite things to do in Iceland in this region is the Reykjadalur Hot Springs - A beautiful and unique geothermal river near the town of Hveragerði. It takes about one hour to hike up to the hot springs, so be prepared.
► Central Highlands
► Northern Iceland
Eyjafjörður Fjord - One of the best places in Iceland to see the Northern Lights. Northern Iceland has very little light pollution, so tracking the Northern Lights over the Fjords is a great idea.
Ásbyrgi Canyon - This massive canyon was formed way back after the ice age as melting glacier floods ripped giant divots into the earth and left this beautiful valley and rock walls in its path.
Northern Lights - In order to have the best chance of seeing the Northern Lights in Iceland, check out this website we used to track the cloud coverage and aurora activity.
Dettifoss Waterfall - Said to be Europe’s most powerful waterfall, and we’re getting a unique perspective - by moonlight.
► Western Iceland & Snæfellsnes Peninsula
Godafoss Waterfall - An expansive horseshoe-shaped cascade that’s probably my favorite waterfall of the entire trip.
► Eastern Iceland
Hverir or Namafjall geothermal field - Located in northeastern Iceland around the geothermal region of Lake Mývatn - a vast area of hot springs, sulfur crystals, and boiling mud pots.
► Southern Iceland
Seljalandsfoss - A popular waterfall in South Iceland, and the only waterfall (that I know of) in Iceland that you can walk behind.
Skogafoss - Massive curtain waterfall with a drop of 60 meters and a width of 25 meters, also in Southern Iceland.
Reynisfjara - Incredible black sand beach near Vik with basalt sea stacks to one side and rock formations jetting out of the ocean. Get here early to really appreciate it.
SUBSCRIBE ► http://bit.ly/TravelDeeper
+ INSTAGRAM ►https://www.instagram.com/tourist2townie
+ FACEBOOK ► https://www.facebook.com/tourist2townie
+ TWITTER ► https://twitter.com/tourist2townie
+ SNAPCHAT ►@GarethChat
+ WEB ► http://www.tourist2townie.com
MY TRAVEL VLOGGING GEAR:
- MacBook Pro 15” → http://amzn.to/2g9K6j3
- LaCie Rugged External Hard Drive → http://amzn.to/2fkojHR
- Sony a7ii → http://amzn.to/2gCeBDj
- Sony a7ii 24-70 Lens → http://amzn.to/2fhWexs
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone → http://amzn.to/2g9ALI4
- GoPro Hero 4 → http://amzn.to/2gvfJYI
- KNEKT Underwater Dome → http://amzn.to/2gez11u
- Rode Shotgun Mic → http://amzn.to/2gvg5yg
- Manfrotto 60” Compact Action Tripod → http://amzn.to/2gducpn
- Joby Tripod → http://amzn.to/2gdo6FA
- Zoom H2n Handy Recorder → http://amzn.to/2gdmKuE
- Backup Batteries for Sony A7ii → http://amzn.to/2fhYchl
- Backup Batteries for Sony RX100iv → http://amzn.to/2gvbqfO
P.S. Did you subscribe? If so, did you click on the notifications bell to receive updates when I launch a new video? If so, thank you!